Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Rave: Join.me

 Log me in is a company that has significantly made life easier for a lot of people including me. Their main program is to remote control all of the computers you own. All you have to do is install the program on your computer and you can then access it from any browser no matter where you are in the world. That is convenient.

 Hamachi another of their products deserves a huge shout out. It lets you connect two computers as if they were a local connection even if they aren't. It even works on linux though their labs. I used on it a raspberry pi, as well as remote controlling my home computer from work. It is amazing for ssh and not having to find an IP address every time. It is mostly used for Minecraft servers, but it is amazing for so much more.

 Now on to the main rave join.me. This site lets you let someone remote view or control your computer after installing a super, super small program. I think it installed in the appdata folder because you don't have to mess with UAC, that super annoying screen that blacks out on windows and forces an administrator to type their password, meaning any user can use it, even if they can't install anything on their computer. This means that when grandma, or a less tech friendly friend, is having technical issues, you can just say "Go to join.me" and then you get to help them with whatever problems they have, hassle free.

Wrap-up: join.me = amazing; thank you LogMeIn for your great products.

No comments:

Post a Comment