Friday, October 23, 2009

Rant: Facebook Updates

Every now and then facebook does come out with something that is kind of nice. I do enjoy the chat feature, and the feed did completely change it, but there are just some things that are so stupid and annoying. Today I saw a new feature. They changed the home page to get rid of your picture and just have an icon that says "Live Feed" next to it. I rather liked having my picture there, so I would know that it was me signed on, and to just know what other people saw. I can live with that I guess, but the newest addition to the "Feed" really annoys me. They now show when a friend of mine adds a new friend, who I don't know at all. I guess if I had friends in common that would be kind of cool, maybe, but just telling me that a friend of mine is a friend of a complete stranger doesn't help me in anyway whatsoever, and I don't care. They best part is, that you cannon hid those notifications like you can with any other app. Sometimes facebook just goes overboard on things that they want to show you about your "friend."

No comments:

Post a Comment